Saturday, November 2, 2013

Taking it One Room at a Time....


Finally something to blog about! However, this time I think this post must be told with pictures over words. I mean really, everyone prefers a picture over a thousand words. I do regret I can't give you pop up pics.



Obviously this is not the finished look we are planning for the floor. Funds require we wait to do the floor.


This light is one of my favorite additions to the room. Cameron and I really wanted to light up the shelves, but just couldn't get any cabinet lighting to work out. Then a light bulb went on in my head (ha, get it?) and we remembered this amazing light fixture given to me by my friend Catherine. It is a brass fixture that had been painted white. We tried to match the finish on our other antique fixtures and I think it turned out very well. (By the way, check out her website, she is a terrific author. http://www.catherinehackman.com/)
I absolutely love how the radiator turned out. I used hammered bronze paint. I also love that we used our original antique light fixtures. They really pop against the grey walls. They have all been re-wired so everything about them is 1890's except the wiring. Safety first. 



My favorite little corner of the dining room. 
This wall will display three of our favorite movie posters (yet to be agreed upon).






1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! I like how the floor looks. The light fixture turned out so pretty after you stripped it. Thank you for sharing a link to my website.

    ReplyDelete